Updated: Wednesday July 14, 2021
London Transit continues to implement and recommend measures to keep our riders and Operators safe.
Find service details about your routes on our Routes & Schedules page.
See below steps undertaken to maintain your safety as well as recommendations that you, our riders, can implement that will help keep you and fellow riders safe.
WHAT WE’RE DOING
- Mandatory Masks – Masks are mandatory on transit. For details on mask wearing and exemptions visit the Middlesex London Health Unit website.
- One Way Flow On-Board – In order to maintain a one direction flow, passengers are required to enter through the front door and exit through the back door. Passengers with accessibility needs are still be permitted to use the front door to exit.
- Cleaning Measures – Continued nightly cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch points on-board conventional and specialized buses.
- Operator Barriers – In-service buses are equipped with Operator barriers making it safe for our bus Operators on the conventional service. Note that a number of buses are currently equipped with temporary barriers – these will be replaced with permanent barriers in the near future.
- Passenger Screening of COVID–19 Symptoms – Riders with accessibility needs who board from the front door will be asked by the Operator if they have symptoms prior to boarding. In addition, all buses and LTC facilities have signs advising riders and visitors to not ride transit if sick.
- Lost & Found on Hold – As a precaution all lost and found items of lesser value are no longer collected. Items of value, however, are stored per our usual policy. For more details check our Lost & Found Policy.
- Removal of Paper Schedules – We have removed all printed schedules from our locations. Find your route schedules online or through realtime.londontransit.ca.
- Stay Behind the Yellow Line – A yellow line along the floor closer to the front of the bus is installed. Riders are to remain behind the yellow line to ensure appropriate distancing for bus operators. All passengers must remain behind the yellow line; and, with the exception of those with accessibility needs please exit through the rear doors.
- Community Bus – New safety measures have been implemented on the Community bus service for the safety of riders and Operators.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Stay Home if you have Symptoms – If you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home.
- Wear a Mask – Masks are mandatory on transit as mandated by the Provincial Government in Regulation 364/20. For details on exceptions and proper mask wearing visit the MLHU website.
- Wash Hands – Wash hands frequently or use hand sanitizer.
- Practice Good Hygiene – Sneeze or cough into elbow, and avoid touching your face.
- Exercise Physical Distancing – Where possible on-board and at bus stops maintain a 6ft distance from other riders.
- Exiting Rear Doors – Riders with the exception of those with accessibility needs must exit through the rear doors. Remember to hover hands over the strips or use elbows to tap the handles to open the doors to exit.
Thank you for doing your part as we continue to do ours in keeping us riding safely together.