Reporting to the Manager of Human Resources, the Human Resources Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing direct administrative support in all facets of the department.
- Serves as the first point of contact on human resources-related responsibilities
- Provides information to employees on general matters relating to human resources
- Provides administrative support to the HR team in setting up meetings, filing, distributing information, etc.
- Liaise with the employment benefit carriers and WSIB relating to claim status and employee information changes/enrolment
- Maintains information reporting systems regarding grievances, CISM tracking, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining Human Resources systems regarding the information relating to any/all employment changes, rates of pay, transfers, etc. and notifying applicable departments;
- Responsible for administering the employee bus pass program
- Provides administrative support for the LTC’s Attendance Management Program, utilizing Human Resources systems through the attendance management modules, inputting lost time, generating reports for department managers, etc.
- Provides support to the team in the administrative function related to recruitment and selection and disability administration
- Conducts the human resource orientation program for new hires
- Maintains employee files in all capacities.
- Provides support to the Manager in the administrative function related to disability management, processing of occupational illness or injuries and non-occupational absences
- Other duties as assigned
- Completion of the post-secondary program in a related field, combined with two years of work-related experience in administration and human resources, preferably in a unionized environment.
Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications, including spreadsheet, word processing and database systems; experience utilizing an HR system
- Excellent employee service skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Effective problem-solving skills combined with the ability to manage multiple priorities within deadlines
- Ability to work independently utilizing sound judgment when interpreting and applying pertinent policies and regulations to ensure the most effective course of action
- Strong communication skills to deal effectively with customers, government agencies, union, insurance carriers etc.
Starting Job Rate: $25.91 to $32.39 commensurate with skills and experience
Posting dates: February 21, 2023, to March 1, 2023
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to Competition 23-10 at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax: (519) 457-1252.