Reporting to the Director of Fleet and Facilities, you will be responsible for the supervision of all matters relating to productivity, compliance to reasonable expectations, scheduling and planning of work and general operational problems affecting employee and/or service performance.
With sound technical skills, you are an excellent communicator and work effectively in a unionized environment. You have experience in a related field, knowledge of health and safety legislation and practices, experience with heavy vehicle maintenance (specifically diesel engines), demonstrated project management skills, and troubleshooting capabilities. You are a team-builder with the ability to handle multiple priorities within set deadlines, and know how to get the best from those around you. Computer proficiency is a requisite. A valid Ontario Truck & Coach Mechanic’s license and related technical qualifications are preferred.
Salary range commensurate with skills and experience (up to $99,464).
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN OUR TEAM!
- We provide an inclusive and collaborative culture, respectful of individual dignity
- We are supportive of our employees being successful in their roles
- We are committed to creating and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment, including encouraging employee health and wellness
- We offer a comprehensive pension and benefit package (includes extended health, dental, life insurance, and short and long-term disability)
- We have a detailed COVID-19 Safety Plan that was developed in an effort to demonstrate the commitment of the organization for a safe workplace for all employees and a safe environment for transit riders including the requirement for proof of full vaccine status.
- Located at the Forks of the Thames in Southwestern Ontario, London is a city with a proud tradition of enterprise, innovation, and creativity. Offering the affordability, charm, and security of a mid-size community combined with the business and career opportunities of a big city, London is a great place to call home.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
email@example.com or via fax: (519) 457-1252
Reference Competition #23-11
Application deadline: March 9, 2023