Hours/Days: 15-20 hours per week (estimated), includes weekends and holidays
Department: Specialized Transit Services
Reporting to: Supervisor, Specialized Transit Services
- Working in a mostly computerized environment, responsible for taking incoming calls from specialized transit registrants, including bookings, cancelling of trips, confirming same day requests and/or dealing with no shows, etc.
- Assists in the analysis of trip information in determining cost-effective methods of providing the service
- Processing actual trip data, reports anomalies or areas of concern to Supervisor.
- Processes subscription trip requests, advising registrants of status of request.
- Participates in the administration of transit registrations, assisting with new registrants, processing and booking functional assessments, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications, skills and abilities:
- Successful completion of Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in an office environment which was responsible for inbound and outbound call-taking in addition to exemplary customer service
- Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications, including Excel, word processing and database systems. Indepth experience with Microsoft office suit preferred.
- Strong knowledge of City of London geography
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills to effectively deal with customers (internal and external) in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities within work related deadlines
- Ability to accurately complete tasks within a scope of pre-defined options available.
- Dispatch experience is a definite asset
Target date for filling the position: As soon as operationally feasible
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources by noon December 28, 2022 to The London Transit Commission, Competition No. 22-83:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: 519-457-1252