At London Transit, our Bus Operators play an important role in helping us achieve the high standards that make our transit system one of the best in Canada! If you love driving, have outstanding customer service skills, and enjoy working independently, consider a career as a Bus Operator!
View our Transit Operator Recruitment Guide to learn more about the recruitment and selection process and this exciting career opportunity.
Starting rate of $29.04/hr plus applicable shift premiums (full rate after two years $33.94/hr)
As per Local 741 ATU Collective Agreement
- Employer Matching Pension with OMERS (Ontario Municipal Employee Retirement Savings)
- Health & Dental Benefits
- Life Insurance and Short & Long Term Disability
- A, B, C, or D class Ontario Driver’s License (B or C preferred)
- Air Brake Endorsement (Z)
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Safe driving record with zero point accumulation
- Grade 12 diploma or the equivalent
- Familiarity with the City of London
- Available to work a variety of shifts
Shifts vary and are selected by seniority. New Bus Operators will be required to work a variety of shifts including split shifts, nights, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
IMPORTANT: Please do not contact the London Transit Commission about your Bus Operator Employment Application. All inquiries and completed applications should be directed to:
254 Pall Mall Street, Suite 101