London Transit Facts
- Over 23 million passengers per year
- Over 94 garage and maintenance employees
- Over 217 buses in fleet
- Over 2,200 bus stops
- Over 350 operators, inspectors and dispatchers
- Over 400 bus shelters
All LTC conventional service routes are now designated “Accessible”. This means that every scheduled bus on each route will be a low-floor accessible bus. The low floor bus creates greater opportunity for access to regular transit for many more people. Our Operators are trained to recognize the need for, offer and provide assistance when necessary within the boarding and securement areas of the bus.
Passengers should be aware of the following service characteristics:
- Passengers must be able to get themselves to and from the bus stop.
- Crowded buses can occur in “rush hours”, from 7:00-9:00am and 3:30-6:00pm Monday to Friday.
- Low floor buses have a maximum of two wheelchair/scooter securement areas.
For further information please call 519-451-1347.
Be at your bus stop 5 minutes before your scheduled bus arrival.
Have your cash, ticket or pass ready. Remember Operators do not make change, exact fare is required.
Please make sure that you are at a bus stop, near the curb, and in plain view of the Operator. Avoid standing inside a shelter or doorway as the bus approaches because the Operator may not see you and could pass the stop.
Check the bus sign to ensure you are getting on the correct bus. If you are unsure, please tell the Operator exactly where you wish to go and ask for help.
When getting on or off the bus please use the hand rails especially if the bus is moving.
Ring the bell to get off. Most buses have a bell chord above the windows, some have a yellow push bar and some have a stop button on hand rails as well. Please give the Operator sufficient time to stop safely.
Walk to the back doors to get off. The Operator will activate the door. Gently push and hold the hand-bar or flat push area to open the door. The door will close automatically after you have stepped off.
We request that if possible, buggies/strollers be folded for the comfort and convenience of all passengers.
Need help planning a trip? Use Google Maps or contact our Customer Service Representatives at 519-451-1347 or email@example.com – we would be happy to help you.
The Community Bus service is specially designed to serve the needs of seniors and persons with mobility challenges. Service is provided, where possible, to the doors of specified seniors residences, medical facilities and shopping centres. Vehicles are low-floor with no steps and full accessibility.
For Routes 51, 52, 53, 54 & 55 bookings are required to be made in advance and can be made through Customer Service at 519-451-1347. Route 56 operates on a loop serving the same locations at the times indicated on the route schedule.
Find out more about the new safety measures now on the Community Bus service.
LTC offers a 90 minute transfer providing unlimited travel in any direction, including return trips, subject to the following:
- Transfers must be requested and obtained at time of first boarding.
- Transfers will, upon request only, be issued by the Operator receiving cash or ticket fare only.
- Transfers will not be issued to passengers boarding with a prepaid pass or with a previously issued transfer.
- Transfers are valid on the day of issue only and will not be accepted beyond the time cut on the transfer.
- Transfers can be used to board any London Transit bus, in service at any London Transit regular bus stop.
- Transfers are automatically added to smart cards that are using stored value / declining balance.
- Transfers are provided for individual use only and are not to be assigned. The passing of a transfer to others, for payment or otherwise, is a chargeable offence and is strictly prohibited.
They’re in your neighbourhood… day and night…
They help keep the transit system and the surrounding community safe…
But they’re not the police.
They’re the men and women who operate and maintain the LTC. And through the Travel Safe program, they’re able to help people when they most need it. It’s good to know they’re out there.
Your Safety is our Priority