At London Transit, our Technicians play a vital role in ensuring our buses move people to their desired destinations comfortably and safely every day. Join our Fleet & Facilities team and help diagnose, troubleshoot and repair our state-of-the-art buses and keep them reliably on our roads providing a great service to our customers!
Wage rate: As per Local 741 ATU Collective Agreement, $36.82/hr plus applicable shift premiums.
Requirements for the 310T Technician position include:
- 310T Truck and Coach Licence
- G class Ontario Driver’s Licence (mandatory upgrade to C Licence upon commencement of employment)
- Air Brake Endorsement (Z)
- Related diesel experience (Cummins preferred)
- Grade 12 diploma or the equivalent
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work afternoon or midnight shifts*
*Currently seeking to fill vacancies in afternoon shifts (3pm to 11pm) and midnight shifts (11pm to 7am).
- Complete our application form: Employment Application Form – Technician Employment Application (requires Acrobat Reader)
- Complete the Reference Release Form (requires Acrobat Reader)
- Attach a copy of your Resume
Important: At the time of application, you are required to have in your possession the official documents confirming you meet with minimum qualifications of the job. Should a conditional offer of employment be extended to you, all six (5) of the following documents will need to be provided to London Transit:
- Copy of your valid 310T license
- Confirmation of Z Endorsement
- Copy of your valid G class (or higher) Ontario Driver’s Licence
- Copy of High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Police Information Check from the municipality in which applicants reside. If a records check reveals a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted, the candidate will be not proceed in the selection process for further assessment. Police Information Checks cannot be older than 14 days upon submission.
Send completed application to London Transit Human Resources Department.
The London Transit Commission
Human Resources Department
450 Highbury Avenue N.
London, ON N5W 5L2
By Fax: 519-457-1252
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Following confirmation of minimum requirements, candidates will be invited to participate in an assessment at London Transit. Candidates must successfully achieve the required grade on the assessment in order to proceed further in the recruitment process. Candidates that meet the minimum requirements and achieve the required grade on the related assessment will advance in the recruitment process. Candidates that do not achieve the required grade on the assessment will not be eligible to re-apply until a 1 year waiting period is complete.