General Service employees are responsible for completing the following job functions:
- Primary duties include lead hand when assigned, servicing and cleaning of fleet vehicles;
- Minor repairs to vehicles (examples lights, mirrors, wipers, etc.) and assist skilled trades persons as required;
- Change engine, transmission, differential and cooling system fluids, as well as replenishes the fluids in the hydraulic system and lubricates fleet vehicles;
- Removes and replaces wheels and rims on fleet vehicles if he/she has received appropriate Director of Fleet & Facilities approved training;
- Carry out service calls, bus change-offs, and out of service calls; Washing and cleaning of plant, equipment and fleet vehicles;
- Washing and cleaning of plant, equipment and fleet vehicles; Grounds maintenance, scrap and garbage removal and maintenance of plant equipment as required
- Grounds maintenance, scrap and garbage removal and maintenance of plant equipment as required
- Operating (with proper training) fork lift, skid steer, bobcat, sweeper/scrubber.
- Shoveling snow and salting sidewalks
- Other duties as assigned
Wage rate: As per Local 741 ATU Collective Agreement, starting rate currently $26.55/hr. plus applicable shift premiums (full rate after two years $31.24/hr.)
Requirements for the General Service position include:
- A, B, C, or D class Ontario Driver’s Licence (B or C preferred)
- Air Brake Endorsement (Z)
- Previous light mechanical experience
- Grade 12 diploma or the equivalent
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work midnight shifts*
*Currently seeking to fill vacancies in midnight shifts (11pm to 7am).
Apply for General Service Position.
Please do not contact the London Transit Commission about your General Service Employment Application. All inquiries and completed applications should be directed to:
201 Queens Ave