Staff Report #11
August 29, 2018
To All Commissioners
Re: 2018 Work Program – Fleet & Facilities – Second Quarter Update
The report be NOTED and FILED.
The following report is provided as an update on major projects as set out in the 2018 Work Program that are ongoing in nature and were scheduled to commence and/or to be completed in the second quarter, with the lead on same being the primary responsibility of Fleet & Facilities.
Facility Upgrades – Highbury Facility
The majority of the upgrades included in the 2018 capital program relate to the Highbury Avenue facility. Projects included in the facility upgrade capital program are intended to ensure that LTC facilities are maintained in a state of good repair as well as address any issues identified by the Occupational Health and Safety Committee. The projects included in this report are related only to the Commission approved Capital Budget Program.
Projects that were completed in the second quarter include:
- construction of new office space in Human Recourses
- construction of new reflection room per recommendation from the Diversity Committee
- ongoing lighting replacement in the maintenance area
- installation of two new high speed doors in fuel lane
- roof top construction on three air make up units
- installation of new engineered beams for fall arrest on 10 and 11 hoists
The remainder of 2018 projects include:
- reinforcement of columns in A and B barn
- grating to be replaced in B barn
- gate replacement in stores parking lot
- landscape work at Wonderland facility
- facility painting
Remaining Capital Programs relating to Asset Management
Projects included in the Shop/Garage Equipment program which have been completed include:
- purchase of a transmission jack
- purchase of steel storage container to store equipment
- purchase of replacement tool boxes for the Highbury Ave facility
- upgrade to drive clean facility equipment
- upgrade of exhaust ventilation system in maintenance area
Service Fleet Replacement:
- Bus Expansion/Replacement programs have commenced. The first four buses have arrived and are currently being outfitted and conducting post-delivery inspection for fall service. The remainder of the bus order will have a final delivery date at the end of the fourth quarter. All new buses are anticipated to be in service by the start of the first quarter in 2019.
Craig Morneau, Director of Fleet & Facilities
Concurred in by:
Kelly S. Paleczny, General Manager