Staff Report #5
May 31, 2023
To All Commissioners
Re: Contract Award – Bus Stop Lighting
That the Commission:
- ACCEPT the bid from Urban Solar for the supply of solar-powered bus stop lighting (150 units); and
- DIRECT the administration finalize a contract with Urban Solar, the parameters of which are defined by the request for proposal.
Bus Stop Amenity Improvements is one of the outstanding projects under the Investing in Canada Infrastructure Plan – Transit Stream (ICIP) that has yet to be completed. The program deliverables are to improve the overall customer experience in London through the installation of bus stop amenities including the installation of 60 new bus shelters which include solar powered lighting and benches. This project also includes the installation of 150 new solar-powered lights at bus stops that have been identified as having low light or safety concerns. The bus shelter portion of the program is complete.
A request for proposal for the supply of 150 solar-powered bus stop lights was issued and processed in accordance with the Commission policy and procedures.
Eleven bids were received, assessed and scored based on the following:
- bidders understanding of the purpose and nature of the Request for Proposal as evidenced by clarity of bid submission (5 points);
- specific experience/expertise of the bidder (10 points);
- references/three clients for which the same or similar products have been provided (10 points);
- bid price (15 points); and
- delivery timelines (10 points)
The following table sets out a list of the 10 bids deemed compliant and the points awarded through the assessment process. One of the bids submitted was deemed not compliant as the product specified did not meet the requirements as set out in the request for proposal.
Bid Assessment Scores
|ATS Traffic Limited||40|
|Bronxpro & Concepts Inc.||32|
|Petro Engineering 1||27|
|Petro Engineering 2||22|
|O’Connor’s Utility Management||18|
The price quoted from Urban Solar is $2,320 per unit, resulting in a total contract award of $348,000 for the 150 units. Urban Solar indicated a delivery time of 4-8 weeks from purchase confirmation. The contract cost can be accommodated within the budget associated with the Bus Stop Amenities Project.
Subsequent to confirmation of delivery, administration will arrange for the installation of the bus stop lights at bus stops throughout the system that have been identified as highest priority.
Mike Gregor, Director of Finance
Katie Burns, Director of Planning
Concurred in by:
Kelly S. Paleczny, General Manager