Staff Report #6
May 21, 2019
To All Members of the Accessible Public Transit Service Advisory Committee
Re: 2019 – 2022 Business Plan
That the report be NOTED and FILED.
The Commission, at its March 21, 2019 meeting, approved the 2019-2022 Business Plan.
Since first developed in the mid-1990’s, the Plan and related planning process have provided the crucial direction in the rebuilding of London Transit as an organization and a transportation service. The Plan, which is updated every four years consistent with the term of the Commission, serves:
- as a reflection of today, and as a starting point for the future
- to focus resources on prioritized challenges and expectations
- as a communication tool, supporting the development of informed relationships
- to promote accountability, transparency and continuous improvement
The Plan development process supports continuity with previous plans and defines support and understanding of the new Plan. The development process included:
- an assessment of the direction and results of the expiring Business Plan which ensures continuity of successive plans and builds on the successes of the previous Business Plans
- a series of senior management workshops dealing specifically with the construction of the Business Plan
- employee input, Commission input, and input from an identified group of external stakeholders
The Performance Targets and Expectations portion of the Business Plan is only partially completed given the multi-year budget which will cover the last three years of the Business Plan has not been drafted. Targets that are not related to financial measures have been included in the Plan document.
Kelly S. Paleczny, General Manager