Staff Report #7
April 13, 2023
To All Commissioners
Re: Bench Advertising Contract Renewal
That the Commission
- APPROVE exercising the renewal option for the bench advertising contract with Creative Outdoor Advertising for the period 2023-2027; and
- DIRECT administration finalize the details of the renewal with Creative Outdoor Advertising.
London Transit has enjoyed over a 20 year history with Creative Outdoor Advertising (COA) for bench advertising across the city. Over the period, the associated contracts/contract renewals have been subject to significant economic change reflecting changing market conditions.
In 2016 London Transit entered into a contract for a five year period effective January 1, 2017 as per the direction of the Commission at its meeting of November 30, 2016. The contract provided for an optional 5 year renewal term based on agreement from both parties. Administration has been in discussion with COA with respect to the potential renewal, and it has been agreed to by the parties to move forward with a five year renewal with all terms and conditions remaining the same. The following provides a summary of the requirements of COA with respect to the contract:
- Annual revenue guarantee of $42,395;
- Supply of up to 250 advertising benches and foundation pads during the life of the contract;
- Supply of up to five non-advertising benches and foundation pads every two years;
- Installation of benches and pads;
- Cleaning, maintenance and snow removal as necessary, on all benches and pad areas;
- Obtaining site approvals from LTC and the City of London and necessary insurance for all bench locations
Creative Outdoor has met all terms and conditions of the current contract and have proven to be a very reliable contractor over the 20 year period of partnership. The renewal will provide for a dependable guarantee with limited administrative involvement in terms of approval or adherence to the terms and conditions of the contract.
Katie Burns, Director of Planning
Mike Gregor, Director of Finance
Concurred in by:
Kelly Paleczny, General Manager